Infertility treatment is a medical treatment that can appreciably improve the chances of getting pregnant. Infertility treatment depends on many factors including age, personal priority, and health state of the person wishing to conceive. ShopDoc offers a wide variety of best hospitals and doctors who are experienced in Infertility treatment in Kerala and outside.
Infertility treatment is broadly classified into three types
- Treatment using medicines: Common medicines include clomifene, tamoxifen, metformin, and gonadotropin
- Surgical procedures: Popular surgical procedures include fallopian tube surgery, Endometriosis, fibrosis, and PCOS.
- Assisted conception: Assisted conception involves intrauterine insemination (IUI) and in vitro fertilization (IVF)
Male infertility can arise due to many factors like the inability to produce sperms or healthy sperms, genetics and hormonal imbalance. Late or early puberty, injury to the testicles can also result in male infertility.
Male infertility treatment include-
- Surgery: Varicocele can usually be corrected by surgery. In the absence of sperm in an ejaculation, sperm extraction technology can usually be used to extract sperm directly from the testis or epididymis.
- Assisted Reproductive Technology(ART): This method involves obtaining sperm by normal method or by surgery depending on the case. The obtained sperm is then inserted into the female genital tract.
- Hormone Treatments and Medications: This method is recommended when infertility is caused due to hormonal imbalance.
- Infection Treatment: Antibiotic treatment can cure the infection in the reproductive tract but it can’t always restore fertility.
Female infertility can rise due to many issues such as:
- Fallopian Tube Damage: Fallopian tubes can get damaged due to scars from surgeries.
- Hormonal Problems: Hormonal Imbalance can also be a factor in preventing pregnancies.
- Cervical Issues: This is a condition that prevents sperms from passing through the cervical canal.
- Uterine Trouble: This condition includes growth in the uterus which obstructs with getting pregnant
Female Infertility treatment includes:
- Laparoscopy: This is a surgery to repair your reproductive organs. This method is mainly effective in opening closed tubes and removing ovarian cysts.
- Hysteroscopy: In this procedure, a hysteroscope is placed in the uterus to remove fibroid tumors, divide scar tissues, and open blocked tubes.
- Medication: Most common medicines include clomiphene citrate and letrozole
- In Vitro Fertilization(IVF): In this procedure embryos are placed into the uterus that was previously fertilized.
- Intracytoplasmic sperm injection(ICSI): In this technique, the doctor injects sperm directly into the egg and places it inside the uterus.
Infertility treatment in Kerala can cost around 1.25 to 2 lakhs, depending on the hospital and cities.
1) Is Infertility treatment safe?
Infertility treatment is very safe and it has no effect on health or pregnancy.
2) Is infertility hereditary?
Infertility is relatively a common health condition. About 50% of the infertility cases are due to genetics. But other factors contribute as well.
3) What are the risks associated with infertility treatment?
Multiple birth, low birth weight, and premature delivery are some of the risks associated with infertility treatment.
4) What herbs help boost Infertility?
Vitex, Maca, Cinnamon, and Chinese herbs are very good fertility boosters.
5) Does stress affect infertility?
Studies and research show that stress can also contribute to infertility.